Recipe by Trinkets
Hot Crawfish Dip is a great fast, tasty dish to make when friends pop in and you want just a little something! Just take a bag of frozen "American" crawfish tails out of the freezer and dump them into the skillet. No need to thaw first, they'll thaw and cook at the same time! Serve with melba rounds or tortilla chips. Great for football games!
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- salt, and
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet sauté the crawfish tails in ¼ cup of the butter for 10 minutes.
- In another skillet sauté the green onion and parsley in the remaining butter and blend in the flour.
- Gradually add the cream, stirring constantly, to make a thick sauce.
- Add the sherry, crawfish, salt and cayenne.
- Serve warm in a small crock pot or chafing dish.