Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes & Garden. Perfect for fall and cold weather!!
Make and share this Hot Cranberry Toddy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry juice (6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 3 slices lemon peel
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon or 1⁄3 cup rum or 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- Combine cranberry juice, sugar, lemon juice, and water in a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven.
- For spice bag, tie lemon peel, cinnamon, and cloves in a 6-inch square of 100 percent cotton cheesecloth. Add spice bag to saucepan. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Discard spice bag. Add bourbon, rum, or orange juice.
- Transfer to a heatproof serving carafe or pot. Serve with a lemon peel strip in each cup, if desired. Makes about 12 (6-ounce) servings.
What a wonderful drink to serve on a cold, rainy night. The whole house smelled wonderful and I added bourbon to my drink to give it a kick. My boys drank the toddy without. I loved the flavor and so did they. Will make again soon!