Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a hot cranberry drink that is wonderful during the holidays or cold winter months. Sip around the fireplace with family or friends. The recipe is from Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cranberries
- 3 quarts water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup red cinnamon candies
- 24 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 3 lemons, juice of
- Boil cranberries in 1 quart of water 10 minutes; set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 quarts of water, sugar, cinnamon candies, cloves and cinnamon sticks in crock-pot.
- Cover and heat on high approximately 2 hour or until cinnamon candies dissolve.
- Strain the cranberry mixture and add to crock-pot.
- Stir in the juice from oranges and lemons; cover and heat on high 2 hours; turn to low to keep warm and serve directly from crock-pot.
More of a punch or a wassal then a tea. I threw this in the crockpot before we left for our annual tree decorating trip up a snow covered mountain. Wonderful to come home to after freezing our butts off lol The house smelled so wonderful! The spiciness armed us up right quick :) And full of VC! Next time I'll cut the sugar down or add more water since I thought it was a little to sweet.
This strikes me more as a cider than a tea, but what the heck - it's a delicious beverage either way! We love it!
I tagged this warming & delicious hot drink due to my fondness for cranberries & cinnamon candies + the crockpot prep method. Then I made a half recipe tonite to kill the chill of the 1st cold (27F) Icelandic nite since we returned from the US - a clear error on my part since there is not enough of it to suit me! A full recipe will grace our annual *Thanksgiving Celebration* dinner w/friends on 11/30. This is a terrific low-cal, no-fat & family-friendly treat! Thx for sharing this keeper recipe w/us. Yum! :-)