Recipe by PaulaG
This is a hot cranberry drink that is wonderful during the holidays or cold winter months. Sip around the fireplace with family or friends. The recipe is from Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes
Top Review by Nikoma
More of a punch or a wassal then a tea. I threw this in the crockpot before we left for our annual tree decorating trip up a snow covered mountain. Wonderful to come home to after freezing our butts off lol The house smelled so wonderful! The spiciness armed us up right quick :) And full of VC! Next time I'll cut the sugar down or add more water since I thought it was a little to sweet.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cranberries
- 3 quarts water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup red cinnamon candies
- 24 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 3 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil cranberries in 1 quart of water 10 minutes; set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 quarts of water, sugar, cinnamon candies, cloves and cinnamon sticks in crock-pot.
- Cover and heat on high approximately 2 hour or until cinnamon candies dissolve.
- Strain the cranberry mixture and add to crock-pot.
- Stir in the juice from oranges and lemons; cover and heat on high 2 hours; turn to low to keep warm and serve directly from crock-pot.