Recipe by Derf
Gather a bunch of friends and family, put some of this in a thermus and go carolling down your street. (from Century home magazine)
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was a wonderful hot beverage that I served on Christmas Day. I used a Burgundy wine. We loved the fruit-spiced flavor and the fruit garnish added eye appeal. Thank you Dorothy. I sipped on this most of the day so I could put up with my husband's crazy family ;)
- 6 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (about 3 inches long)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 oranges, cut in wedges
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1 cup cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan on medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- When liquid is hot but not boiling, remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then strain through a fine sieve, reserving fruit.
- Pour liquid into mugs or heat resistant glasses, adding reserved fruit for garnish.
- (Filled with fruit and infused with warm spices, this drink is just as comforting served without the red wine).