Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (4 inch sticks)
- 1 teaspoon allspice berry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 oranges, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- Combine all the ingredients except the orange juice and orange slices in a big saucepan; stir to blend.
- Bring to a boil, add in the orange juice, and return to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- **At this point, you can cool, strain, and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Serve warm, garnished with orange slices.
- To serve cold--fill a 12 ounce tumbler with ice; add 4 ounces cranberry punch, and fill the rest of the way with either sparkling water or 7-Up; garnish with orange slices.