Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a nice, easy glogg recipe that's not too heavy on the alcohol. I like to serve this on Christmas Eve.
- 4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 slice orange, thin unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup whole blanched almond
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine juice, wine, sugar, water, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves (at this point, you can cover and refrigerate it until you need it).
- Warm glögg in a pan over medium heat just until heated through- don't boil or the alcohol will boil off and then it's no fun.
- Float orange slice on top.
- To serve, keep warm over a candle or on an electric warming tray.
- Ladle into cups, adding raisins and almonds to individual servings.
- To make non-alcoholic, omit sugar and water and use 2 cups more cranberry-apple juice.