Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great drink for a holiday Christmas brunch, or served as an alternative to coffee.(Note: if desired, this drink can be prepared ahead, stored in the fridge, and warmed in the microwave, or in a saucepan when ready to serve).
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (v)
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar (or more if you prefer sweeter)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3-inches each)
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5-7 minutes or until the berries pop.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Strain through a cheesecloth; discard pulp and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve warm.