Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
If you like hot and spicy...I am not kidding when I say these things are AMAZING! A co-worker made loads of these at Christmas, and I believe I ate my weight in them! I was very surprised by the way these are made after getting her recipe. A few important notes - Do not substitute regular Ritz for the whole wheat, they will not turn out the same for some reason. And the Fiesta Ranch packets can be a bit hard to find, depending on where you live, Food Lion always has it in stock. Make sure you marinate the full 3 days...my friend said the longer they sit, the better they are, but I cant seem to wait past the 3 days. Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Top Review by keneunger1944
Fantastic recipe. I did find 2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes were enough. Made with recommend 3, but like 2 better. Also, made dip as recommended and found prepared Mexican did is just as good. Everybody loves this recipe. Thanks.
- 144 ritz whole wheat crackers (4 sleeves/1 box)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix (heaping)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch fiesta dip mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all crackers into a large zip lock bag.
- Whisk oil, pepper flakes, taco seasoning and dry Ranch dressing together.
- Pour into bag of Ritz and gently mix together, making sure crackers are well covered and close bag.
- Leave closed bag to set on counter for a minimum of 3 days, turning bag over twice each day. Can marinate up to 10 days.
- Serve with Fiesta dip: Mix container of cold sour cream with packet of Fiesta Ranch dry dressing seasoning.