Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can't remember where I got this, but one thing for sure...it's good!
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 88.74 ml butter
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 453.59 g white crabmeat (or combo of both) or 453.59 g cooked shrimp (or combo of both)
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml paprika
- salt, if needed
- Place first 4 ingredients in microwavable-safe dish and heat until cream cheese and butter melt, about 5 minutes.
- Sift through crabmeat with fingertips and remove any remaining cartilage. Add crabmeat or shrimp, cayenne and paprika, stirring to combine.
- Microwave, stirring occassionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Delicious! I added a bit of Worcestershire sauce and some sherry, and thinned it somewhat with a little half-and-half.
I loved this recipe it was very easy to do and tasted wonderful.. I have saved this one to make again when I am having company.. I used a combination of both crab and prawn.. I choose to make this, as we have been catching loads of crabs off the end of the jetty and I figured this would be another great recipe to use them in as we have been eating them just plain or even avocado. I might try what Andi said in her review and put it under the grill next time, but it was fab as is and the flavour awesome loved the addition of the cayenne.. Thanks gailanng for a great recipe for me to use up some of my crabmeat in.. :)
Well, I will remember I got this from you.....what amazing recipes you have and this is no exception. And in the microwave too! Equally as :) I popped this right in, and was done with this tasty treat in less then 10 minutes. Well, I picked my crabs, so I confess to taking a bit longer, but the cook time is right on. You could even run it under the broiler for 2 minutes to get a crisp top, but I couldn't wait that long. I did add the full amount of cayenne pepper for a serving of 2 though, remembering I LOVE all things very hot. I suspect that 1/2 teaspoon will not be spicy at all for 8 servings, but merely the wonderful extra taste of yum! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* September 2009.