Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup light beer
- 1⁄2 lb white crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- white pepper
- Combine the cream cheese, butter and beer in a heavy saucepan or the top of a double boiler and melt over a gentle heat.
- When smooth, add the crabmeat, scallions and seasonings to taste.
- Heat through.
- Serve in a cheese fondue pot or chafing dish, with an assortment of crackers for dipping.
- Note: As the dip is being kept hot while eaten, it may be necessary to stir in another tablespoon or so of beer to keep the consistency dippable.