Recipe by Christmas Carol
My sister made this for Christmas this year and I bugged her for the recipe so I could enjoy it whenever I wanted. You may use it as a spread or a dip, but we like it best served on Cocktail Party Rye bread. It would also be good on Pumpernickel too. Few ingredients, yet tons of flavor!
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 lb butter (No Substitutions)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine first four ingredients.
- Heat slowly over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 1/2 hour until warmed thoroughly.
- Stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350.
- Generously top Cocktail Rye slices with Crab Spread and place on baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Note-Prep time is basically cooking time.
- You may also use this as a dip, or spread on crackers or melba toast as soon as it has been thoroughly warmed on the stovetop.