Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A luscious, creamy crab spread that everyone enjoys! I've been making this for over 30 years!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk (whole or skim)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon cream-style prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can backfin crab meat (not claw meat)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Grease small casserole.
- In bowl, mix first 5 ingredients until creamy.
- Stir in crabmeat until well mixed; pour mixture into casserole.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake 15-25 minutes or until dish is hot in the center and lightly browned on top.
- Serve with assortment of crackers and melba rounds.
- ***I have often made this with canned white tuna and everyone thought it was crab.
- Even if they aren't fooled, they'll enjoy it!
Creamy and delicious! This tasted also good before I put it in the oven. Onions were very good in it and the almonds gave it a nice crunch!