Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very easy to put together meal which is filling and very delicious. My family is always asking me to make it. If you don't like shrimp, omit and add 1/4 lb more of crab. I have always made this with imitation crab, but I am sure fresh crab would be even more delicious.
- 1⁄4 lb cooked baby shrimp
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Fransisco French bread sandwich roll
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- sliced avocado (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix shrimp,crab, mayo, onions, lettuce, salt and lemon juice together.
- Place two tomato slices on bottom half of sliced bread.
- Spoon crab mixture onto top of tomatoes.
- Top with two slices of cheese.
- Put both parts of bread on baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado slices if desired.
some variations: monterey jack, sourdough, real crabmeat, a hint of cayenne (just a hint, don't want a crab sandwich to be "hot") and mixed w/1/2 mayo, 1/2 sour cream...I leave out the lettuce/tomato in mine, but will add it next time to see the difference. Thanks for sharing!
We really enjoyed this on sliced sunflower seed bread. I used a Seafood 7-pepper seasoning salt, real crab and a diced vidalia onion. This would be good with a nice sharp cheddar cheese instead of the mozzarella when eaten cold. I plan on having the leftovers on crackers for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for sharing leilani.