Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is in reply to a request. It sounds delicious but I haven't tried it yet.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1⁄2 chopped bell pepper
- 2 -3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb crabmeat
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- pimiento (optional)
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, blend in the flour and add the milk slowly, stirring until the sauce is smooth and thick.
- If sauce is too thick, add more milk.
- Sauté' in the butter; onion, bell pepper and celery until the vegetables are very soft.
- Add to the cream sauce.
- When ready to serve add the mushrooms and crab-meat.
- Season to taste with Tabasco, salt and pepper.