Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just about the most perfect fondue. You will need a fondue pot for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups half-and-half (I use heavy cream) or 2 cups cream (I use heavy cream)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched and cooled
- In a pot over medium heat, roll shallots briefly in butter.
- Add wine, half-and-half, cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot over a candle or canned flame.
- Serve hot with broccoli and breadsticks.
- *Cut up crusty French bread can be substituted for breadsticks.
This is very simnilar to my crab dip recipe and looks yummy! Cream cheese is a key element in it too! Guess you can't please everyone!
This recipe was HORRIBLE! Tasted like cream cheese mayhem! DON'T USE CREAM CHEESE! It tastes HORRIBLE!!! A complete waste of good crab yesterday! NO ONE LIKED IT! Especially ME!!!
This was easy and wonderful! I took it to a fondue party and it was loved by all. The only change I made was to use sherry instead of white wine. I just love the smell and taste of sherry with shallots and cream- YUM! I also used half and half and it turned out great. I used canned crab meat and of course fresh would have been better, but it was still great. I made this a few hours in advance and was able to re-heat it in the microwave and then poured it into the fondue pot. I served it with blanched broccoli and cut up crusty french bread, so good! Thanks, will definately make it again!