This is just about the most perfect fondue. You will need a fondue pot for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups half-and-half (I use heavy cream) or 2 cups cream (I use heavy cream)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched and cooled
- 1In a pot over medium heat, roll shallots briefly in butter.
- 2Add wine, half-and-half, cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- 3Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Pour mixture into fondue pot over a candle or canned flame.
- 6Serve hot with broccoli and breadsticks.
- 7*Cut up crusty French bread can be substituted for breadsticks.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Crab Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.5
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 44.3 g
- Cholesterol 267.0 mg
- Sodium 1620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning