I could almost taste this when I saw Paula Deen whip it up on the Food Network. Serve hot with crackers or toast points.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, free of shells
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Gently combine all ingredients in a casserole until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes; serve hot.
- (Will set up a bit as it cools).