Recipe by KennKonn
This is one of my mom's favorite things to take to any kind of party. There is never any left over.
Top Review by mums the word
Oh my, this is marvelous dip. I made just a half recipe and served it with some different fondue dishes for dinner. It is rich and creamy and not "fishy" tasting. We really liked it. I made the dip early and chilled it a few hours before baking. I think this would even be good served cold as a cracker spread. Made for Spring Pac 2009. Thx for the recipe!
- 2 (340 g) can crabmeat
- 250 g cream cheese (2 blocks)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 0.5 ml Tabasco sauce (I always use more than she does)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together and set aside.
- Take round loaf of bread (sour dough) and cut small circle out of top of bread (do not throw it away).
- Cut away the center of the bread to make a hollow space inside (keep insides as well).
- Place crab meat mixture inside bread.
- Put the lid you sliced off back on.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and serve hot with remaining bread or extra baguette.
- If extra filling, place in casserole dish and bake beside bread.