This is one of my mom's favorite things to take to any kind of party. There is never any left over.
- Mix together and set aside.
- Take round loaf of bread (sour dough) and cut small circle out of top of bread (do not throw it away).
- Cut away the center of the bread to make a hollow space inside (keep insides as well).
- Place crab meat mixture inside bread.
- Put the lid you sliced off back on.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and serve hot with remaining bread or extra baguette.
- If extra filling, place in casserole dish and bake beside bread.
Oh my, this is marvelous dip. I made just a half recipe and served it with some different fondue dishes for dinner. It is rich and creamy and not "fishy" tasting. We really liked it. I made the dip early and chilled it a few hours before baking. I think this would even be good served cold as a cracker spread. Made for Spring Pac 2009. Thx for the recipe!
We love the the dips and bread appetizers, this one was no exception. I used a loaf of sour dough bread and went with two dashes of Tabasco sauce. I served with a bowl of my Mexican Hot Pepper Sauce for those who like a little extra heat. I will be making this combo again - and again. Thank you and your mom for sharing.