Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful hot appetizer. We like it so much, we sometimes eat this for dinner. Leave out the crab for those anti-seafood people out there.
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 can water chestnut, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cans crabmeat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spoon into 2 onion soup crocks or 1 hollowed out loaf of bread.
- Sprinkle with more parmesean cheese and garlic salt and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Serve with bread cubes, crackers and crudite.