Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is another recipe that's been around for so long that I have no idea where I got it. It tastes good, though.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup well drained yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce (Sriracha or Cholula preferred) or 3 -5 drops cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced seeded red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (or half of each)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces crabmeat, picked over for shell and cartilage pieces
- thinly sliced green onion (to garnish)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and butter until smooth.
- Blend in seasoned salt, pepper, garlic paprika, and hot sauce or cayenne.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, mozzarella cheese, and crab meat.
- Place in a lightly greased small shallow baking dish and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F until mixture bubbles and top just begins to brown in places, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and parsley.
- Serve with lightly salted corn chips, assorted crackers, and/or crisp veggies.