Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on another recipe website. I haven't tried it yet but I am going to add it to my Christmas Eve buffet this year. I thought I would post it and share.
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (1 lb) container fresh lump crabmeat or 2 cans crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 loaf round crusty Italian bread (1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, and Old Bay.
- Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside to create a bread bowl.
- Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
- Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar if desired.
- Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a medium baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.