Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Enjoy as your next appetizer or as a party dip.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- almonds, sliced
- Mix together all ingredients (except Almonds) with fork.
- Place in an uncovered casserole dish and bake at 350 until bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sliced Almonds may be sprinkled on top before baking.
- Serve with crackers.
I just made this for our Christmas eve snacks before dinner, it was just ok. I followed the directions exactally with the exception of not adding the almonds. It ended up very dry, it also took an extra 20 minutes to heat through. I ended up adding more cream chese little by little until it was the consistancy i wanted. It ended up being another 8 oz. After that it was much better and we all enjoied it, i think i may add a touch of lemon juice just brighten it up a bit.
This was really good. I used a pound of crab and also added some salad shrimp. After it was made, it was dry. I should have used less crab since I was putting in some shrimp. But, it was still great tasting - just not as creamy.
I added a 1/4 lb. of baby shrimp to this recipe. Very good, enjoyed by all.