1/2 Photos of Hot Crab Dip
Kozmic Blues's Note:
I was born in Maryland, and crab dip was served at all family functions since as long as I can remember. No "true" Baltimore native can NOT have a good recipe for crab dip. (It can be made using "low fat" sour cream, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese, but I always make this for parties, so I go for the full blown)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, shells removed (I've substituted 2 cans of canned crab meat as well)
- paprika or Old Bay Seasoning
- 1Mix together sour cream, lemon juice, onion, Worcestershire, dry mustard, garlic powder, and cream cheese.
- 2I use a hand mixer to get it blended really well.
- 3Fold in cheddar cheese and crabmeat.
- 4Spoon mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika or Old Bay Seasoning.
- 5Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- 6Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, toast points, or my Maryland family's favorite-- Bugles!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Crab Dip
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.7
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 212.3 mg
- Sodium 853.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 37.9 g