Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I've been on a search for lower-fat recipes that don't taste low-fat. This is a great dip recipe from Cooking Light. Of course, you can always use the full-fat ingredients if you prefer.
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened (also called neufchatel cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine cottage cheese mixture, cream cheese, and onion in a large bowl; gently fold in crab. Place crab mixture in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve with pita crisps, melba toast, or bagel chips.