Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this version because I am not a big fan of mayo, so I created this to be made without it.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 dashes fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Blend all ingredients, except breadcrumbs. Refrigerate 6 hours, or overnight for flavors to meld.
- Let mixture come to room temperature, then bake in an 8x8 baking dish at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Top with breadcrumbs and bake 5 minutes more.
- Serve with crackers, toasted baguettes, celery sticks, or whatever you wish!
Excellent! I made as posted and had great results. I loved the slight hotness from the hot sauce in the recipe. Great flavored and went great on crackers that we ate right up!