Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me years ago by a friend in British Columbia. They use to bring us 5 lb. cans of crab claws. (Don't tell anyone, but we never used to make this dip . . they were too good for that.) Canned crabmeat works great for this recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup canned crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine all ingredients except almonds in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a shallow baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until heated through. Top with toasted almonds and serve with crackers or sour dough bread slices.
Made this quickly enough using canned crabmeat, & even though it has a wonderful flavor & we were most happy with it, I would like to try it again without the canned stuff! I, for one, especially liked topping it all with the toasted almonds! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for ZWT6 during FAMILY PICKS]