Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
An excellent easy to make appetizer. I have been making this recipe for over 20 years and it is enjoyed by all who like the taste of seafood.
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Kraft Miracle Whip is preferred)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned crabmeat, drained or 7 1⁄2 ounces use fresh crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄8 teaspoon red hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in crabmeat, minced onion, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
- Spoon mixture into a small oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with a good vegetable oil.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with crackers of your choice, potato chips, tortilla or taco chips.
- NOTE: For those who prefer a spicier dip, add addtional Tabasco sauce, also 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You may consider adding about 4 Gherkin pickles chopped small.