An excellent easy to make appetizer. I have been making this recipe for over 20 years and it is enjoyed by all who like the taste of seafood.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in crabmeat, minced onion, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
- Spoon mixture into a small oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with a good vegetable oil.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with crackers of your choice, potato chips, tortilla or taco chips.
- NOTE: For those who prefer a spicier dip, add addtional Tabasco sauce, also 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You may consider adding about 4 Gherkin pickles chopped small.
This dip was great! I added abit of seasoning salt for some more flavour.
This dip is very easy and got rave reviews from our guests at a football party! Thanks for sharing.
I made this to serve before Thanksgiving dinner. It was absolutley delicious. I served it with crackers. It was a real hit with everyone and it was gone in a flash. Thanks for posting this Uncle Bill.