Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mother's recipe for a nice party dish. This has been a staple of her recipe book for decades.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sifted flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 cups flaked crabmeat
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup blanched almond, quartered
- 4 hardboiled egg, cut up
- 2 teaspoons buttered bread crumbs
- Melt butter, add flour and stir until blended.
- Add milk and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Combine with other ingredients, except bread crumbs.
- Pour into buttered baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.