Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy crab dip with artichokes.
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 lb fresh backfin crab meat
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- sliced black olives (to garnish) (optional)
- sliced almonds (to garnish) (optional)
- Simmer wine and cream cheese over low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in drained, chopped artichokes, mayonnaise, egg, crab, and blue cheese.
- Bake in an 8x8 pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with Olives and/or almonds.
- Serve with ritz crackers and/or french bread.
I love artichoke crab dip, however, I'm not a big fan of mayo & found the flavour competed abit with that of the crab/artichoke. I chose to sub parmesan for the blue cheese, I didn't want another strong flavour masking the others. I do have to say though that after a few bites it started to grow on me. I also didn't add the olives or almonds as garnish.
This is just perfect. I was questioning the fact that it had no seasonings in it (I ALWLAYS adapt recipes by adding more seasonings) -- can't ever leave anything alone. Had no Blue Cheese but went with fresh grated parm and it was delightful. Thank you so much!