Sinfully rich and delicious. It serves as a casserole or a dip/spread.
Make and share this Hot Crab Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper, can use green
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot sauce, favorite brand
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb crabmeat, preferably lump, you could you imitation I suppose
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, gouda works well, too
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt butter. Saute onions and peppers over medium heat until tender; stir in the crushed crackers; remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, worcestershire, hot sauce, and dry seasonings.
- Stir in the sauteed onion/pepper/cracker mixture.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat -- careful not to break up the lumps too much.
- Pour into a 2-1/2 - 3 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350. Remove from oven and stir. Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven for another 10 minutes.