Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sinfully rich and delicious. It serves as a casserole or a dip/spread.
Make and share this Hot Crab Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper, can use green
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot sauce, favorite brand
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb crabmeat, preferably lump, you could you imitation I suppose
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, gouda works well, too
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt butter. Saute onions and peppers over medium heat until tender; stir in the crushed crackers; remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, worcestershire, hot sauce, and dry seasonings.
- Stir in the sauteed onion/pepper/cracker mixture.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat -- careful not to break up the lumps too much.
- Pour into a 2-1/2 - 3 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350. Remove from oven and stir. Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
OMG! I just made this and it was as Rita said...SINFULLY RICH AND CREAMY. I wanted it to be more of a full meal so when I sauteed the onions and peppers (which I used red, green and yellow), I added cut Asparagus spears and sliced mushrooms. Then in addition to the Crab, I added about a pound of small cooked Shrimp. Afraid it would be dry, I added a touch more Sour Cream and Mayo and a splash of Milk. I will share this with two sets of neighbors and I will be the hit of the "hood". AWESOME!
SINFULLY RICH AND CREAMY!!!!!! Oh man I feel guilty and I used low fat cream cheese, sour cream and mayo! Seasoned perfectly. I did add fresh garlic when sauteing the onions and peppers. Then right to the pan I mixed the remaining ingredients (1 less bowl to clean). Thank you Thank you for a yummy snack. Oh this makes a large amount and I know my DH and I can`t eat it all. At least we shouldn't! ;) I`m going to add the leftover to pasta to make a crab alfredo dish.