Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great Southern appetizer that couldn't be easier. Instead of the Rye bread, you could use toast rounds, triangles, or even hollowed mushrooms - whatever you like.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat, drained and picked free of shell fragments (please don't use the fake stuff)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- rye cocktail bread (one sleeve of the mini slices)
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on the Rye mini-slices.
- Place under a broiler until hot and bubby.
I like a few ingredients only recipe that turns out this great! Very tasty without overpowering the subtle crab. And I always love the rye bread.