Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I found this recipe on the internet. It makes a really yummy, warm appetizer!
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 48 Triscuit crackers
- Mix all ingredients.
- Spread each cracker with 2 tsp cheese mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
These are individual little portions of warm crab dip. I subbed a cheese blend for the cheddar cheese, due to ingredients on hand. I also upped the horseradish a bit, but in the future would instead include some lemon juice, cayenne pepper, Tabasco, paprika, or even finely chopped peppers to add to the flavor. I did have a problem with the edges of the Triscuits burning before the dollops of dip would brown, but the dip was heated through and bubbly when I pulled the bites from the broiler. This is a simple snack from ingredients that I usually have on hand.
This was a hit at a recent party- none left! I did use Imitation Crab instead of canned.