Recipe by cookiedog
This crock pot recipe frees up the oven during the busy holiday season. Serve this with tortilla chips or crackers. Recipe is from Canada's Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Donna-Marie Pye.
Top Review by Abby Girl
My DH loved this recipe, but I think it would taste better if it was changed to half sour cream and half with mayo. I really didn't care for the celery seed, so I would change it to Italian seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning. I used fresh crab meat and I added a bit more Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. I bought one of those mini crock pots and it fitted about 1-1/2 cups, so it only worked well for a group of four. I will use the rest of the dip for a family gathering this week. I served it on toasted pita triangles. I would do this one again, but with the changes. Thanks for the posting
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Add jalapeño and red pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine sauteed peppers with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix well and spoon into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 21/2 hours. Do not stir.
- Alternatively, cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then reduce to low to keep warm until ready to serve.