This is a variation of something that I had while dinning out, when I asked the chef for the recipe - he said not - so I decided to give it a shot - came out pretty good!!!
- 16 ounces crabmeat (claw)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup cheese (shredded, I like a sharp cheese but use what you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (you want some heat but not to take over the flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp (chopped raw peeled and devined)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (1 tsp dry)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in no special order - except to make sure you whip the cream cheese slightly.
- Pour into a well greased oven safe bowl and bake for 30 mins or until the cheese bubbles up.
- Serve with crustinies* or warm bread.
- *Crustinies are simple slices of your favorite Italian bread (1/4" or less cut on an angle) rubbed with a raw clove of garlic (cut the clove in half and simply rub over each slice of bread) a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of parmesan on each slice. Bake at 325°F till golden brown.