Recipe by Ravenseyes
This is a variation of something that I had while dinning out, when I asked the chef for the recipe - he said not - so I decided to give it a shot - came out pretty good!!!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I made this exactly as the recipe stated and what a bust-o-balloon bunch of happiness this was! I especially adored the shrimp in this dip, a whole new depth of flavor that I had not had before. I threw a bit of "Old Bay" on the top just for decoration along with some thinly sliced green onions to make the colors stand out. Everyone sure loved this, and will be making this from now on! Thank you!
- 16 ounces crabmeat (claw)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup cheese (shredded, I like a sharp cheese but use what you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (you want some heat but not to take over the flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp (chopped raw peeled and devined)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (1 tsp dry)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in no special order - except to make sure you whip the cream cheese slightly.
- Pour into a well greased oven safe bowl and bake for 30 mins or until the cheese bubbles up.
- Serve with crustinies* or warm bread.
- *Crustinies are simple slices of your favorite Italian bread (1/4" or less cut on an angle) rubbed with a raw clove of garlic (cut the clove in half and simply rub over each slice of bread) a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of parmesan on each slice. Bake at 325°F till golden brown.