A zesty variation of the traditional artichoke dip. Found in Dining by Design Stylish Recipes Savory Settings...Junior League of Pasadena, Inc. I haven't made it yet but my neighbor did for a luncheon...I thought it was good for a nice change. Serve with assorted crackers and /or warm baguette slices.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped (in water)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile, finely choppped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 ounces crabmeat, drained
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Warm the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until light brown. Remove to a large bowl.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno, lemon juice and celery salt. Mix in the crab. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture in an 8-inch quiche or pie pan with a 1 1/2-inch side.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and bubbly. Serve with the crackers and baguette slices.