Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Food Network and Ingrid Hoffman.
- 29.58 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 177.44 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 ear corn, husked
- grated Cotija cheese, for serving (optional)
- lime wedge, for serving (optional)
- Place the vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a piece of cheesecloth or a kitchen towel and wring out the excess liquid. Place the mixture in a small bowl and stir in the butter.
- Transfer the chimichurri butter to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape it into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until it has hardened.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and boil until it is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving platter.
- Place a disk of chimichurri butter on each ear of corn and serve sprinkled with Cotija cheese and a lime wedge on the side.
LOVE this corn! It went perfectly with "Beef Steak With Avocado Sauce". Muy Bueno!!! I did change the method of cooking a bit as I already had a fire going on the grill so I pulled back the husks, applied the butter, tied the husks back on and cooked it on the grill sealing in the flavors of the spicy butter! Delicioso!! ZWT4 with the Babes in S/C America
Certainly is a different way for me to serve up a VERY TASTY CORN DISH! I did a very small pinch of red pepper flakes, then included both the Cotija cheese & lime wedges for a WOW of a side dish! A wonderful keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring South & Central America on Zaar's World Tour 4]
Loved it! Though I did mine differently, smearing it with the butter, then wrapping it in foil and tossing it on the grill. I may still have butter on my face from digging in. I did add a little bit of red pepper sauce, just for color. Thanks for posting!