Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious served with grilled chicken or barbequed Duck Cakes. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons serrano chilies, minced
- 2 tablespoons red sweet bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- fresh cilantro stem, garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat cook corn in stock with chilies, sweet pepper, marjoram and salt until reduced to 3 1/2 cups.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This was a nice peppery version of corn relish with both the serrano chilies and bell peppers. I ended up not having enough ears fresh corn, so I made it with half fresh and half frozen. I did cut the amount of salt in half and didn't miss the extra--just my personal taste.