1/1 Photo of Hot Corn Dip With Crispy Tortilla Chips
1 hr 5 mins
Here's a different type of dip recipe. You can use frozen corn if need be. If you use canned corn (ugh).. please be sure to drain and rinse well to get that funky taste out of it. I always add more jalapeño peppers. Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 4 ears fresh white or yellow corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2-1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the corn, salt, and pepper.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a bowl.
- 6Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet.
- 7Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add the green onions, jalapeno, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- 9Transfer to the bowl with the corn.
- 10Add the mayonnaise, 1/2 of the monterey jack and half of the cheddar, and the cayenne and mix well.
- 11Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- 12Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 13Serve hot with the chips.
- 14NOTE: This recipe does NOT reheat well after freezing.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Corn Dip With Crispy Tortilla Chips
Serving Size: 1 (1699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 566.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: