Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was watching "The View" and they had on country singer Trisha Yearwood promoting her second cookbook. She and the ladies of The View were surrounded by prepared dishes from her new cookbook, and Whoopi, Joy, and Sherrie could not stop eating the Hot Corn Dip!! They said it was thee best thing ever!! So I went on ABC website for The View and crossed my fingers hoping the recipe would be there, and it was!! I can't wait to try it today. Also wanted to post for others to try too. Hope it's a winner!!
- 2 (623.68 g) can mexicorn, drained
- 2 (255.14 g) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 473.18 ml grated monterey jack cheese or 0 monterey jack cheese
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- corn chips, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9 × 13 × 2-inch casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the corn, chiles, cheeses, and mayonnaise until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared casse¬role dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.
- Serve the dip warm from the oven with corn chips.
First thank you so much for posting this as I too was going to go on a search after seeing The View. I made this today and it really is good. DH nearly made himself sick eating so much of it. I think I will try it with Pepper Jack cheese next time just to see what a difference it would make. But as is was well received and disappeared quickly. THANKS!!!
As a dedicated member of Weight Watchers, I figured out the points, using the Points Plus System. Considering 12 portions, it comes to 7 points for 1 serving. (Chips extra) 84 if you eat the whole thing.
I saw Trisha make this on her new show on the Food Network and thought it looked yummy... and it is. :) I used low-fat mayo and couldn't find Monterrey jack so I used gouda. It was cheesy and delish! I think next time I would add some jalapenos or pepper jack cheese to spice it up a bit. Thanks for sharing it!