I haven't tried this yet, but looks so good, I'm putting it here for safekeeping. Recipe courtesy Ree Drummond, from the show The Pioneer Woman, Episode: Make Ahead Marvels
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced finely
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- tortilla chips or pita bread round, for serving
- 1Heat a grill on medium heat. Grill the corn until lots of the kernels have color. Cut off the kernels and set aside.
- 2If serving immediately, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, jalapenos, onions and green and red bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes, until the peppers get great color on the outside. Add the chiles and stir for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the pepper-jack, the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and green onions and stir until combined. Add the corn mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Pour into a small baking dish. Bake immediately, or cover with foil and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
- 5Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and bake until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or pita crisps.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Corn Chile Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.5
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 896.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g