Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't tried this yet, but looks so good, I'm putting it here for safekeeping. Recipe courtesy Ree Drummond, from the show The Pioneer Woman, Episode: Make Ahead Marvels
- 5 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced finely
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- tortilla chips or pita bread round, for serving
- Heat a grill on medium heat. Grill the corn until lots of the kernels have color. Cut off the kernels and set aside.
- If serving immediately, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, jalapenos, onions and green and red bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes, until the peppers get great color on the outside. Add the chiles and stir for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the pepper-jack, the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and green onions and stir until combined. Add the corn mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Pour into a small baking dish. Bake immediately, or cover with foil and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and bake until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or pita crisps.