Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hot Corn is always a big hit at parties and holiday meals. Double the recipe if there is a crowd.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 -6 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine all the ingredients (except the cheese) in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into a 8x8 baking pan and cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This is a very interesting dish. I didn't understand all the oil but went ahead and added it but think you could really reduce it. I only used a little over 4 oz of cheddar cheese and that seemed to be plenty for us. Needs something for us but not sure what. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook tag. :)