Recipe by Sharlene~W
I think this recipe came from a Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce ad. "Spice up your next barbecue with these hot and spicy wings!" (Prep time does not include refrigerating overnight).
Top Review by Terri R
Not as spicy as anticipated. Flavor was OK. May try again with more red pepper next time. Edited to say that the folks in the office really enjoyed these. They went fast. So maybe it was just personal taste for me. Bumped up to 4 stars.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Cool Dipping Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard chicken wing tips.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, crushed red pepper and pepper sauce; pour over chicken in large plastic food storage bag.
- Press air out of bag; close top securely.
- Turn bag over several times to coat all pieces well.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook wings on grill 4 to 5 inches from hot coals 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender, turning over frequently.
- For sauce: Combine all ingredients; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Almonds: you can mix them in the sauce, or you can sprinkle them on top with the crackers.