Another great dish - pasta, dressing and chips all from the New Mexican CHILE site. Don't let the number of steps throw you, it is faster than it looks!!! And worth it!
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 large very ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 large green chilies, roasted, peeled & chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 large green chilies, roasted, peeled, & chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
CHILE LIME CHIPS
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- salad greens, if desired to line plates (optional)
- Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Prepare the Green Chile Vinaigrette and pour over the salad. Fold gently until dressing is well distributed. Line plates with assorted greens and place pasta salad on top.
- **For Vinaigrette:.
- Leave the skin on the garlic clove. Roast in a dry hot skillet, turning several times until softened and brown in spots, about 10 minutes. Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and emulsified. Leftovers will keep 4-5 days in refrigerator.
- ***For Chile Lime Chips:.
- Heat oven to 400 deg. Combine salt & chile powder, mix well. Brush one side of each tortilla with lime juice and sprinkle with salt mixture. Cut into 6 or 8 triangles and place chile side up in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake for 7-8 minute or until browned. Cool and store in a ziploc bag until ready to serve with salads, dips, or sandwiches.
We really liked this. For personal preferences we left out the cheese and onion, used only a tablespoon of the oil and a sprinkle of salt. I also added half a minced jalapeno, since I had it. The pasta salad went well with the greens. In my oven, 7 minutes was too little, and at 9 minutes they were starting to burn, so watch the chips carefully! I made a full salad recipe and half of a chip recipe for 2 for a meal. Yummy!
I have made this several times. It is really, really good! My mother is the greatest and sent me some fresh green chile. Thank you for posting. Somehow I lost this recipe. I am so glad I was perusing the site looking for a new way to use my chileâ€¦ and stumbled across this. No need for a new way, I will make this again. Happy New Year!!
I made this for my mother to have for lunch today and she really enjoyed it. The chips were soooo good! The lime really kicks the chips up a few notches. I didnt have any avocado, so I left that out. I had some leaft over roasted garlic so I just used that to make this an even simpler meal to prepare. Great recipe!