Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
An unusual and tangy coleslaw that is excellent with corned beef (as a Reuben sandwich) or as a side dish at a barbecue.
- 1⁄2 medium head of cabbage, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup mixed nuts, chopped coarsely
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon hotdog relish
- salt and pepper, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage & raisins into pan and add just enough boiling water to steam for about 5 minutes. The cabbage must not be limp and soggy!
- Pour off any excess water and place cabbage into serving dish.
- Mix together mayonnaise and hotdog relish and mix into cabbage whilst still hot. Season at this point if you need to.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve warm.