Recipe by Nelka
This is something I came up with when I was on a diet and watching my calories. Turned out quite good though, and my Mom still requests it from time to time. Let’s see if you like it. By the way, cook time is valid only if you boil the eggs and the potatoes one after the other.
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil the eggs; cool slightly and chop into cubes.
- Put the potatoes on to boil for about 20 minutes or for as long as you see fit.
- Meanwhile cut the tomatoes into small cubes, season with salt and olive oil; set aside.
- When potatoes are ready, peel them (if you boiled them with the skin) and, while still hot cut, cut them into small cubes.
- Salt the potatoes, add a bit of butter or margarine and wait a second until it melts.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix and serve while the potatoes are still very warm and the tomatoes are cold.
- TIP 1: Cool the tomatoes in the refrigerator before cutting them up; it gives a nicer temperature contrast.
- TIP 2: The egg yolks turn into a paste and get lost among the potatoes so, for the sake of presentation, you might cut them into wedges and serve on top.
- TIP 3: If you think the dish lacks color, add some chopped up fresh parsley or dill.