Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very handy recipe that can be served as a main hot dish or a cold salad!
- 9 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, fine mince
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 black olives, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. STAY CLOSE & WATCH. This pasta cooks in just minutes! Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In large skillet, saute onion in medium-hot oil 3-5 minutes to soft-crisp stage. Add garlic and chicken, lowering heat to medium. Continue to cook until chicken is done. Stir frequently so garlic is just light brown and not burnt.
- Add tomatoes, olives, vinegar. Stir.
- Return pasta, along with chives, to pan, to heat.
- Toss to dress pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This can now be served hot or allowed to chill and serve as a cold pasta salad.
|made this yesterday and was very pleased with the results. I didn't have any angel hair so used another stringy pasta (forget the name of it) and it worked out great. All the flavours went very well together. Thanks!