Recipe by SmHerndon
A sizzling top blankets this cool dish, to the surprise of everyone! This recipe has a surprise or two that will restore your faith and interest in the dish. Cook time is marination.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons French dressing
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 cups potato crisps, crushed, Pringles are good
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken and celery in dressing for 1 hour. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Thoroughly blend mayo and sour cream, and add to chicken mixture. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- About 15 minutes before serving, mix in almonds. Pour mixture into shallow oven-proof dish.
- Thoroughly crush potato crisps and blend them well with grated cheese and garlic powder. Completely coat top of chicken salad with potato crisp-cheese mixture, and put under broiler until cheese melts.